The Corsair K70 Rapidfire is not just incredibly qualitative but also offer incredible speed & responsiveness.
- Superb ergonomics and quality build
- Lightning fast & responsive, ideal for competitive gaming
- CUE Software makes it highly customizable
- Looks absolutely stunning due it the air brushed aluminium & LED lighting
- Might feel overly sensitive for writing
- Actuation point can take a little time getting used to
- Buy From amazon
Corsair K70 Review Summary
- Corsair has been a highly acclaimed company for quite a while now. Especially in the gaming community, Corsair has been a recognized as one of the best keyboard distributors on the market. More specifically, Corsair has an extensive selection of mechanical keyboards with a variety of distinctive designs, switches, and sizes to choose from.
- Among the mechanical keyboards, the Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE product is among the most popular and favored due to the rapid gaming mechanical switches, attractive RGB backlighting, and ergonomic design.
- The Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE has an aircraft grade aluminum built frame, providing remarkable durability and a qualitative look.
- The keyboard uses Gold Contact Cherry MX mechanical switches. These actuate 40% faster than standard Cherry MX Switches and thus require little pressure to click. This key switches is excellent for gaming and allows for lightning-fast responsiveness.
- Additionally, the Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE use top of the line anti-ghosting technology, which decreases the probability of miss-clicks significantly. If you are not sure how mechanical switches work, you can check out our extensive guide.
- The keyboard has a detachable wrist rest layered with soft padding allowing for gamers to play for hours on end without fatigue. Additionally, the top right of the keyboard features dedicated multimedia controls. These can be programmed, but are by default set to control audio levels which also seems to be the most convenient use for them.
- In the back, the K70 also has a couple of conveniently located ports for your mouse and headsets. Finally, the keyboard has unique FPS and MOBA keycaps with specialized grips and more vibrant colors which can help distinguish the essential keys from the rest.
- Another notable feature of the RAPIDFIRE is the advanced RGB lighting which you can customize through the Corsair Utility Engine software or CUE for short.
- The K70 Rapidfire is one of the fastest and most responsive mechanical keyboards on the market and also has an insanely durable and qualitative aluminum build.
So if you want to improve your in-game performance and get more competitive then the K70 is likely perfect for you.
- The keyboard has a light, but sturdy build composed of anodized aircraft grade aluminum and exposed key switches. The dimension of the device is 18.6 x 8.3 inches, making it a medium sized keyboard, not too tiny and not too large. The exposed switches make replacing and changing the keycaps incredibly easy. Although, it also allows dust and dirt to build up in and around the switches, meaning that it might be best to dust or vacuum the keyboard from time to time.
- The actual switches are the new Cherry’s or “RAPIDFIRE” mechanical switches. Unlike some other mechanical switches, the RAPIDFIRE’s have been specifically designed for gaming. This means that they are sensitive, speedy and anti-ghosting keys and will amplify nearly any gaming experience. The key switches are not as noisy as the Cherry MX Blues but are still noisier than the popular Cherry MX Browns. Instead of a clicky tactile sound, the Rapidfire switches create a moderately loud “thud.” Overall, the keys are relatively silent especially for this amount of tactile feedback.
Coming out the back panel is a thick, durable and stable braided USB cable which is relatively standard nowadays but also makes it a good plug-and-play option. The Rapidfire has the standard key count of 104 following a standard layout. The keycaps are made out of ABS plastic except for the few keys utilized in FPS and MOBA games. Lamentably, the ABS keys can feel a bit squishy, so to be sure not to break any, you should take precaution when replacing the keys.
The distinctive keycaps used for FPS and MOBA games have a specially designed grip and vibrant grey appearance. It may not seem like much, but this simple feature makes gaming on the K70 much easier. However, when you type, the grippy texture can be a burden and slow you down. Luckily it also comes with standard keycaps so you can choose between the textured and regular keys, so it’s not an issue.
Above the number pad, the keyboard has a built-in multimedia control panel. Among the 7 programmable multimedia keys, a volume control knob is present. This allows you to conveniently change volume without needing to tab out of your window. Overall, all the keys are nicely laid out, responsive, tactile and great for any gaming needs. The only issue is typing with the K70 can be tiring with the variety of keycap textures, but if you type a lot, you can use the standard keycaps.
With the help of the detachable wrist support, typing and gaming for prolonged periods of time is a painless experience. The Corsair K70 Rapidfire is among the ergonomic and qualitative keyboards on the market and has a lot of speed and performance to back it up.
- When you invest in a high-quality gaming keyboard, you should always expect a variety of exclusive features. Luckily, the Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE pulls this off nicely. For starters, the K70 has a powerful, customizable software. The CUE, or Corsair Utility Engine, allows you to fully program the keyboard, lighting effects, keys, profiles and so much more. Some cool things you can do with the CUE is program keys to display certain words and display complex RGB lighting patterns. The elegant software has almost endless possibilities but can be a bit rough to learn to use at first. However, once you get the hang of it, your setup will end up looking better than ever.
- Next up we have the RGB backlighting. In most mechanical keyboards of this price range, this feature is expected. Although, in the Rapidfire, Corsair takes this feature to the next level. The lights are insanely vibrant, and the saturated colors range from contrasting purples, oranges, reds and more. With the help of the CUE, you can customize the backlighting to display a neat pattern including rain, spiraling rainbow, gradient and solid.
- If you are using a PC with an older motherboard, Don’t worry. The Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE may be the most valid option for you. Unlike most modern keyboards, the K70 is compatible with older PCs.
- The most critical role of a mechanical gaming keyboard is its desirable performance. As far as gaming goes, the Rapidfire switches are incredibly sensitive and speedy. The switches do have a travel distance of only 1.2mm in comparison to the regular 2mm. Which can make it a bit hard getting used to but it is also what makes it so much faster than most keyboards. It does make the keyboard slightly uncomfortable for people used to keyboards with a more extended travel distance.
- For advanced gamers, the short travel distance in the switches is what makes the Corsair K70 so good. Mainly because the keys would be much more sensitive, and when you are used to this you will be able to react much quicker than on a regular keyboard. Nonetheless, it doesn’t take an advanced gamer to get used to these switches, and after a bit of time, you will undoubtedly be happy with the keys.
- The textures on the WASD keys make the K70 perfect for FPS and MOBA games. When you are playing, your fingers will be able to swiftly and quickly locate these keys. For titles like CS:GO, Call of Duty and StarCraft II, the fast actuating keys amplify the gaming experience a significant amount as well. The short travel distance comes in handy in any fast-paced, competitive gaming genre. More The anti-ghosting feature is most noticeable when playing MOBA or MMORPG games. The wrist rest and sensitive keys help limit fatigue when gaming for long periods of time. If you are a gamer who likes to play in the dark, then the RGB backlights are not just beautiful, but handy as well. When you are in-game, you can change the brightness of the RGB backlighting from the keyboard itself. This means that if you feel the lighting is too bright or dim, the Rapidfire allows you to quickly fix this issue without needing to tab out of your game.
- The Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire is without a doubt made for competitive gamers and fits perfectly into any fast-paced genre.
- For people looking to buy a typing keyboard, this product is a little overkill. Not only that, but due to the incredibly sensitive keys, issues like accidentally resting your finger on a key and mistyping happens.
However, as far as gaming goes, the responsive and anti-ghosting switches with a 1.2mm travel distance makes the K70 a great addition to your gaming setup and will almost undoubtedly improve your in-game performance.
The keyboard is also comfortable to use due to the adjustable 0.5-inch detachable wrist support. Additionally, the Rapidfire is durable like you wouldn’t believe. The robust and light aluminum chassis creates a sturdy feel, and the braided cable promotes the longevity of the device. The RGB lighting in this keyboard is phenomenal, and the highly customizable CUE is slightly buggy but very useful once you get used to it.
Despite sounding near perfect, the Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE does have some cons. For starters, the keys feel slightly cheap compared to the rest of the keyboard. Additionally, the key switches short travel distance can bug some gamers and take a while to get used to.
Overall, the Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire is one of the best mechanical keyboards in today’s market and should be considered by anyone looking to improve their gaming set up.
I would mainly recommend it for gamers that prefer fast-paced gaming such as MOBA’s and First-person shooters as the keys are incredibly quick and responsive but might feel a tad too sensitive for your average adventure game.
- Buy From amazon